There are lots of good causes to make use of a message that’s brief and candy. For these occasions when a blurb or fast hit isn’t sufficient, particularly as individuals transfer nearer to buy and need extra info, don’t be afraid to interact your viewers with longer-form content.
That’s what Eric Hess, senior program supervisor for content marketing at outside retailer REI, talked about at Content material Advertising World 2016. And, whereas he was cautious to say there are many good causes for utilizing short-form content, too, there are additionally advantages to utilizing longer messages.
Right here’s Eric sharing how long-form content can be utilized to spherical out your model’s messages:
There have been plenty of good concepts in there. Let’s take a better take a look at a couple of of them:
Let’s not make every little thing longer, there are numerous explanation why short-form works
- Fast little engagements may help with top-of-mind consciousness
- That is very true in social media, the place you’re competing with different messages and other people have a restricted consideration span
- Additionally when pushing messages to cellular units, when individuals are possible on-the-go
- And hacks, ideas and tips are greatest accomplished shortly to let individuals get what they want and get again to dwelling their lives
Brief content does have its limits, search for extra of a stability in your model’s messages
- There’s solely a lot you’ll be able to convey in short-form (Eric sees long-form as something over 1,500 phrases written, or three minutes of video)
- It may be arduous to create significant engagement in lower than three minutes (amen to that)
- Eric believes long-form messages have higher potential to create emotion and which means together with your viewers
- Strike a stability together with your messages, he suggests
Consider in the advantages of long-form content and spend money on it
- Eric asks us to consider within the potential of long-form content
- Lengthy-form messages assist manufacturers like REI speak about who they’re and why they’re totally different, not simply the services they provide
- Eric additionally shared that a few of REI’s long-form, how-to messages truly get extra readership on cellular than desktop (like when individuals are fixing a motorcycle)
So what’s the underside line? Whereas short-form content isn’t going anyplace, it’s necessary to have the ability to spherical out the depth of your model’s messages, which might help individuals get to know you higher and grow to be advocates in your model.
And the explanations for utilizing a mixture of short- and long-form content don’t get a lot better than that.
If you wish to study extra concerning the crucial subjects all entrepreneurs have to know when including content marketing to the combination, like together with long-form content to assist construct engagement and model advocacy, study from the specialists like Eric. Come to Content material Advertising World 2017, September 5-Eight in Cleveland. Code BLOG100 saves $100! Register today!
Posted August 11, 2017 in: Information by Mike Myers